Offered for auction is a Wonderful 1st Edition 4th Printing book by Jerry L. Janzen titled
BAYONETS FROM JANZEN’S NOTEBOOK
This Scarce 4th Printing of the 1st Edition 1987 with a brief supplement of additions and corrections to the First Printing. The 4th Printing 1995 Edition book was Published in the United States by Cedar Ridge Publications, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. This book is a must have for the Bayonet collector.
The book is Hardcover in Excellent condition. Published without a dustjacket. The Bayonets Book by Janzen Contains 258 clean pages . Original owners name and date on second page as photo shows. All pages tight as well as bindings and Hardcovers. The book size is 8 3/4 x 11 1/4 x 1 5/8 inches.
Below the following is noted from the Introduction:
This book has several objectives, including the documentation of my collection, presentation of the information I have accumulated and finally, the compilation of a reasonably complete, inexpensive book for the novice collector, partial collector and bayonet-relative collector. This effort is in no way a definitive reference work and, in fact, contains only the information which I feel is of interest to my audience. References are included with each bayonet which, coupled with the detailed bibliography, will allow the serious collector to locate all published data on any given piece or country.
The book is organized by country, with the pieces arranged more or less chronologically by date, and a number of factors are important to keep in mind when using this book.
- The references, as noted earlier, are from a variety of authors; however, Kiesling is most prevalent, with Carter used for German Ersatz pieces, Hardin and Cole (Book III) for U. S. pieces, and Evans (Evans & Stephens, The Bayonet ) on recent pieces.
- The Illustrations are not to any scale and were compiled over a number of years. Likewise, my rather erratic printing is the result of pens available at the time, my mood at the time and, lastly, a certain deficiency of artistic ability.
- The reference system utilizes the page number which is in the lower right-hand corner of each page plus an item number which is to the left of each bayonet description.
- Measurements are given only for sockets and other pieces where relevant because the references listed provide more precise date than my ruler.
- The U. S. section is subdivided as to type of bayonet for easier reference.
Any errors and omissions are strictly my responsibility as are any misquotes or erroneous speculations. I hope you profit from this material and would welcome any correspondence.
I will accept Personal checks, Bank checks, Money Orders and PAYPAL. Items will be shipped Priority Mail @ 10.95 including insurance and tracking.