CIVIL WAR NIPPLE PICK - ORIGINAL - FOR CAP BOX
This is a great surplus set of nipple picks for Civil War cap boxes. Each box had a standard issue piece of spring steel which could be used for removing debris stuck inside the percussion nipple. Could be used on any percussion rifle or carbine, such as the Springfield, Enfield, Lorenz, Smith, Gallager, Maynard, Merrill, Burnside, Hall, etc. It was common for dirt and fouling to be left in the nipple. This pick would be kept in a fold of leather inside the cap box. This would be appropriate for a US capbox, and most of the examples seen, have the small leather flap. As for the Confederate boxes, an example is not readily available for review.
This auction is for only one (1) nipple pick, and not the entire set. This group came out of Bannerman's many years ago, and was in a private collection. They are in great condition, and have not been cleaned. The tips are tapered, but not sharp like a needle. This is how other originals appear. I will pick a nice one for the winning bidder...
Hard to find, and the remaining picks are being sold in other venues. So do not delay, thinking this will be relisted! When they are gone...
If you have questions, please send an e-mail prior to bidding.
Thanks! This is a NO RESERVE auction. FREE SHIPPING.
Terms of Sale – Please Read Carefully.|
- The goal is to have everyone pleased with their purchase!!! So please look at the pictures.
- Items have a generous return policy, if not happy just return within 14 days.
- Refunds are less all incurred costs, such as shipping.
- All items are shipped quickly, and by US mail.
- Shipments are only made to the United States.
- Seller has the right to void sales if payment is not received within five business days.
Thanks for bidding!