GunBroker.com Springfield XD-S™ Giveaway
So small. So powerful.
The XD-S™ is the newest addition to the XD® line of ergonomically superior pistols. The XD-S™ model features a slim, single stack frame though it still has the firepower of a .45 caliber. At only 1” wide, this slim design makes it perfect for those looking for a concealed carry pistol.
View XD-S™ Specs
GunBroker.com Registered Users:
Enter for your chance to Win the New XD-S™ by Springfield Armory
Not a registered user? Register Now and you will be able to submit your entry during registration.
Sorry, the Springfield sweepstakes has ended.
GunBroker.com Springfield XD-S™ Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER
HOW TO ENTER: Entrants may enter the GunBroker.com Springfield XD-S™ Giveaway (the "Promotion") sponsored by GunBroker.com, LLC (“Sponsor”) by either (i) completing the official online contest entry form (an “Online Entry Form”) available at http://www.gunbroker.com (the “Website”); or (ii) by printing their name, home address (no P.O. Boxes), email address and phone number on a 3x5 postcard and mailing such card along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to Contest Entry – GunBroker.com Springfield XD-S Giveaway, P.O. Box 2511, Kennesaw, Georgia 30156, provided such entries are postmarked no later than five (5) business days before the Promotion End (as defined below). Entrants must be registered users of the Sponsor’s Website in order to complete the Online Entry Form, and for that reason, new user entrants wishing to enter electronically must register for a user account at the Website in accordance with the User Agreement of the Website, as further described in Section 5 below. No method of entry other than as described in this Section 1 will be accepted. Only one entry form of any type is permitted per person for this Promotion. Normal internet access and usage charges imposed by entrant’s online service provider may apply. All entry information becomes the property of the Sponsor. No purchase, offer or sale transaction on the Website is necessary to enter. A purchase, offer or sale transaction on the Website will not increase chances of winning.
- ELIGIBILITY: Promotion is open to eligible persons who are (i) legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (excluding, without limitation, New York, Rhode Island, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the other U.S. territories) and (ii) who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Employees of Sponsor and Springfield Armory, their respective parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies and judges’ companies (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each) are not eligible. The winner will be required to have a valid driver’s license or other proof of identification and will be required to complete an ATF Form #4473 and pass a NICS background check at a local firearms retailer holding a Federal Firearms License. Failure to comply with each of these requirements will result in forfeiture of the prize, and selection of an alternate winner in Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor will not be responsible for any fees collected by the retailer to perform these services. All such fees or other expenses in receipt of the Prize shall be at the winner’s sole expense. By entering the Promotion, entrants agree to these Official Rules, and to the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. THIS OFFER IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW AND SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. THE ENTRANT IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE LEGALITY OF THE RECEIPT AND POSSESSION OF THE PRIZE DESCRIBED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES IN ENTRANT’S JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE. YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ENTER THIS PROMOTION IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES. ALL ENTRANTS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR. SPONSOR'S DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL THE ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND THE ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
- PROMOTION PROCESS: The Promotion will run from 12:00:01 AM Eastern Standard Time on April 1, 2012 to 11:59:59 PM Eastern Standard Time on August 31, 2012 (“Promotion End”). At 12 PM on September 7, 2012, Sponsor will choose one winning entry through a random drawing from all eligible entries received by Promotion End for purposes of awarding the Prize (as defined below). Odds of winning the Prize are dependent upon the total eligible entries received.
- PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: The Prize is a one new XD-S™ pistol by Springfield Armory (approximate retail value $599.00).
The Prize is awarded “AS IS” with no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, made by Sponsor, Springfield Armory or any other person, or for which these parties shall be liable, including, without limitation, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. The Prize is nontransferable, nonassignable, nonnegotiable, and not redeemable for cash or credit. The Prize must be accepted as awarded. No substitution of any prize is permitted except by Sponsor, who reserves the right (but has no obligation) to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) with another prize of equal or greater value if any applicable prize (or a component thereof) is not available for any reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. All expenses not listed above are the responsibility of each respective entrant. ALL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH RESPECTIVE ENTRANT.
- ONLINE ENTRANTS AND USER REGISTRATION: Each entrant submitting an Online Entry Form (rather than a postal mail form) must be a registered user of the Website, having registered in accordance with the Sponsor’s User Agreement. Registration is free; provided, however, that if a registrant provides a free e-mail address in connection with his or her user account, such registrants are required to provide a working credit card account (which account is verified through a $1.00 one-time charge).
- ONLINE ENTRANTS AND MARKETING OPT-INS: By entering the Promotion and by submitting an Online Entry Form (but not a postal mail form), each online entrant hereby expressly consents and agrees that, notwithstanding any marketing preferences previously entered into such entrant’s user account on the Website, Sponsor shall be permitted to use such online entrant’s email address associated with the entrant’s user account for the purposes of electronic marketing and other promotions of Sponsor, until such time as entrant opts out of further communications of that type.
- RETURN OF PRIZES: Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable (or Prize winner being unreachable) may, at Sponsor's sole discretion, result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- REQUIRED RELEASES AND DOCUMENTATION: The winner must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a liability release, including a release of Sponsor, Springfield Armory, and their respective past and present partners, limited partners, parents, subsidiaries, affiliated entities, owners, entity owners (and the current and former officers, directors, shareholders, partners, members, limited partners, assigns and employees of any owners or entity owners), officers, directors, shareholders, members, contractors, successors, assigns and insurers (collectively, "Related Parties") and, where legally permissible, a publicity release within seven (7) days following the date of first attempted notification. The winner must also sign and return tax-related documentation and other documentation as required by Sponsor in its sole discretion within the same deadline described above. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued to the winner for the full value of the Prize, and applicable taxes are the responsibility of the winner. Failure to comply with the above requirements may, at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion, result in forfeiture of the Prize and selection of an alternate prize winner. Any failure to comply with the requirements of this section may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
- PUBLICITY; INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name, likeness, biography, voice, hometown and state, along with any and all photographs, videos, opinions, and statements of winner (“Winner Media”) for advertising and promotional purposes in any media whatsoever (including the Website and the internet) without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- WAIVER AND INDEMNITY: By entering the Promotion and/or accepting any prize, all entrants expressly agree to forever defend, indemnify, hold harmless, waive, release, discharge, and covenant not to sue Sponsor or any Related Parties for and from any and all claims, debts, liabilities, demands, obligations, costs, fees, expenses, actions and causes of action whatsoever, of every nature, character and description, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and disbursements (collectively, "Claims"), known and unknown, including, but not limited to, all those arising out of or in any way related to the Promotion; these Official Rules; entrant’s entry; the negligence of Sponsor or the Related Parties; the marketing or use of any entry information by Sponsor or the Prize manufacturer in accordance with these Official Rules, the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize; or any participation in the Promotion.
- CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE REPRESENTATION: By participating in the Promotion, entrant represents and warrants that he or she owns and/or has the authority to release the Claims stated herein expressly agrees to waive the provisions of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code, which provides: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
- TYPOGRAPHICAL AND OTHER ERRORS: Illegible, incomplete, printed by machine or otherwise mechanically reproduced entries will not be accepted. Neither Sponsor nor the Related Parties are responsible for any lost, delayed, mutilated, damaged, illegible, incomplete, postage due or misdirected entries, for any computer, internet or technical malfunction, or for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Promotion, announcement of any Prize winner or later use of the Winner Media in Sponsor’s advertising.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right to require entrants to complete, execute and deliver to Sponsor additional documents at any time as required, in the forms provided, and within the timeframe required by Sponsor, or the entrant may be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion if, in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with the Website, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties, acts of God or failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Website or Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of these Official Rules.
- GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited by law, all issues concerning the construction, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor, shall be construed and governed by the laws of the State of Georgia, without regard to conflicts of law. All suits or claims brought in connection with this Promotion must be brought in a state or federal court sitting in Fulton County, Georgia.
- WINNER'S LIST: For the name of all winners, available after November 1, 2012, write your name and complete address on a 3”x5” card and mail in a self-addressed, first-class stamped envelope to Winner Inquiry – GunBroker.com Springfield XD-S GIVEAWAY, P.O. Box 2511, Kennesaw, Georgia 30156. Requests must be received within thirty (30) days of the conclusion of the drawing.
- SPONSOR: GunBroker.com, LLC, P.O. Box 2511, Kennesaw, Georgia 30156.