(last updated on 10/1/2013)
Accepting Payments via the Checkout System:
GunBroker.com now allows sellers to accept payment for sold listings directly through the GunBroker.com Checkout system. In order to take advantage of this feature a seller must have a merchant account associated with one of the payment gateways supported by GunBroker.com.
Accepting payments directly through the GunBroker.com Checkout system allows buyers the ability to pay quickly and securely the instant a listing has ended. This reduces the back and forth communication between buyer and seller that typically occurs once a listing has ended.
GunBroker.com currently supports the following:
- eProcessingNetwork (ePN)
If you currently use any of the approved providers as your payment gateway and you would like to accept payment for your sold listings directly through GunBroker.com, you can sign up now using the checkout setup page.
How to Enable Checkout and Set Up a Payment Gateway
Step 1: Enable Checkout:
The GunBroker.com checkout system must be enabled before it is active.
- From your My GunBroker page, click Checkout > Setup
- Select the checkbox in the window labeled “Enable Checkout” on the Checkout setup screen.
- To display a logo, you may put in an external link to a .jpg or .gif image (optional).
Step 2: Enter Payment Gateway Information
GunBroker.com Checkout allows for processing through several payment gateways (see below). An account with the specific gateway is needed to set this up in your checkout system. Doing so will allow your buyers to pay you immediately through the checkout system. Remember: Gateway information will NOT be your GunBroker.com login.
Please contact your payment gateway for this information.
- Select your payment gateway from the drop down list of supported gateways.
- Fill in the required fields for that gateway.
- Click "Save Changes"
Step 3: Test Payment Gateway
You can test processing a charge through to your payment gateway through the GunBroker.com system. We will charge $1.00 to a credit card of your choice through the gateway. You will be notified if the charge is approved or declined as well as information about the gateway response. With this response, you may work with your gateway to troubleshoot any problems with your setup.
Click "Test Gateway" button at the bottom of the Payment Gateway Information screen, and follow the prompts on the screen.
- Payment Alliance International customers: How to Set Up PAI /ePN in Checkout.
- Payflow has restrictions as to the type of transactions they will accept. Please see your Payflow user agreement as well as the Payflow terms and conditions for more information on these restrictions.
- Authorize.net also has restrictions as to the type of transactions they will accept. Please see your Authorize.net user agreement as well as the Authorize.net terms and conditions for more information on these restrictions.
- If your ePN account is set to use a "restrict key", this MUST be included in your Checkout settings.
- If you are unclear as to the information each field requires, please contact your payment gateway provider for assistance.
- For all inquiries about failed charges through the system, you must contact your payment gateway.
- GunBroker.com support cannot assist you with the information needed to set up your payment gateway. If you are unclear as to the information each field requires, please contact your payment gateway provider for assistance.
- The GunBroker.com support staff cannot offer support on issues surrounding your payment gateway. For all inquiries about failed charges through the system, you MUST contact your payment gateway.
- If you do not have a method in place to take a credit card (a payment gateway) then the checkout system is used solely for managing your orders. In this case, the payment for the order is still handled offline between normal contact between the buyer and the seller.