(last updated on 6/18/2012)
New Scam Email
NEW Scam Email Threat: "Congratulations! You have buy the gun "
We have recently received multiple reports that Users are receiving fraudulent messages from someone pretending to be GunBroker.com. These emails
state that the user won item 258908275 , and should send money to a person in NYC. Another version states that ..."we have issued a new set of Terms and Conditions of Use. It has come to our attention that your account has not been updated to the latest Terms and Conditions set"... A third version looks like it came from our Support System.
All of these scam emails direct you to click a link containing an .exe file which contains a VERY nasty viral payload.
These notices are NOT from GunBroker.com. DO NOT CLICK THE LINK
You can always double check the validity of items you have won by logging onto GunBroker.com and going to My GunBroker > Buying > Won.
GunBroker.com sends notification emails telling you if you won an item. However:
- You will be required to log into GunBroker.com in order to see Buyer/Seller contact information (address, phone, etc.).
- GunBroker.com emails will not include links to 3rd party services to pay for your item. All transactions require the user to log into our
- GunBroker.com will not give you a name of a third party agent to accept payment
- GunBroker.com does not send out "second chance" offers.
- GunBroker.com emails will not include links to 3rd party services to pay for your item. All transactions require the user to log into the
- And Remember, ... GunBroker.com does not send out "second chance" offers.
Click here for further information on Suspicious Looking