1900 TEXAS CENTRAL LONE STAR LINE RAILROAD PASS

Used Condition
FFL is not required

Sign In/Register to Buy Now or Take a Shot
Quantity Available
1
Unit Price
$200.00
OR
$
Item 823153453
Location Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
Shipping
Ground$5.99
See Item Description / Additional Terms of Sale
Seller ships internationally
Payment PayPal, USPS Money Order, Money Order
Checkout Contact Seller for Payment
Applicable Taxes and Fees
Seller does not collect taxes / fees
Inspection/ Return Policy
Unspecified

The seller of this item assumes all responsibility for this listing. You must contact the seller to resolve any questions or concerns before placing a bid. Payment must be made using U.S. dollars ($) unless otherwise stated in the listing. Firearms may only be shipped to a licensed dealer (FFL Holder). Some listed items may not be legal in every state. Complete your purchase within the law.

Need more information? Need to email the seller? Ask Seller a Question.


1900 TEXAS CENTRAL RAILROAD LONE STAR LINE RAILROAD PASS, RARE!

Bought  at an Estate Sale

Used by William   B. Warren and signed. He was an important person in railroad history. So  the   Pass and the man are a significant artifact of railroad history.

1900 TEXAS CENTRAL RAILROAD LONE STAR LINE RAILROAD

 TEXAS CENTRAL RAILROAD. The Texas Central Railway Company was chartered on  May 30, 1879, to serve as a feeder line to the Houston and Texas Central Railway  Company. Although originally chartered to run from Ross Station, near Waco, in  McLennan County to the center of Eastland County, the Texas Central charter was  subsequently amended to authorize the company to extend to the state line in  Sherman County with the ultimate destination as the state of Colorado, and also  to build a line from near Ennis to Paris. The original capital stock was  $130,000 and the principal office was at Ross Station. Members of the first  board of directors were Charles A. Whitney and A. C. Hutchinson, both of New  Orleans; Richard I. Morgan, of New York City; Charles Fowler, of Galveston; and  Gabriel Jordan, Alfred S. Richardson, and Eber W. Cave, all of Houston. The  Texas Central directors were also officials of the Houston and Texas Central or  Morgan's Louisiana Railroad and Steamship Company. Between 1879 and 1882 the  Texas Central completed 177 miles between Ross and Albany. The northeastern  branch, a disconnected line fifty-two miles in length between Garret and  Roberts, was built between 1882 and 1884. On April 4, 1885, the Texas Central  entered receivership and was sold at foreclosure on April 22, 1891, to a  committee representing the bondholders of the railroad. A new company, the Texas  Central Railroad Company, was chartered on December 16, 1892, and acquired the  property on January 23, 1893. The northeastern branch was not a part of the  reorganization as the bondholders' committee sold the property to Hetty R.  Greenqv under an agreement dated October 27, 1892, and the line was conveyed to  the Texas Midland Railroad on January 27, 1893. In the early 1890s the now  independent Texas Central projected extensions westward to Las Vegas, New Mexico  Territory, and eastward from Waco to New Orleans. However, the only construction  undertaken by the company was a thirty-eight-mile line between Albany and  Stamford, completed in 1900, with an additional forty-two-mile extension from  Stamford to Rotan built during 1906–07. The company also completed its own line  from Ross to Waco in 1905 and built a forty-mile branch from De Leon to Cross  Plains in 1910 and 1911, giving the Texas Central a total of 309 miles of main  track. The Texas Central was acquired by the Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railway  Company (Katy) in 1910, but continued to be operated by its own organization  until April 30, 1914. Effective May 1, 1914, the Texas Central was leased to the  Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railway Company of Texas. For the next fifty-three  years the Texas Central was operated under lease. In 1944 the branch between De  Leon and Cross Plains was abandoned. By 1967 much of the remaining traffic  originated at the far end of the line, and the Katy received authority to  abandon the Texas Central east of Stamford. The last Katy train arrived in Waco  on November 29, 1967. On November 30, 1967, a new Texas Central Railroad  Company, organized under the 1892 charter, began to operate the twenty-five  miles between Dublin and Gorman. The track between Stamford and Rotan was sold  to the Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad Company, and the balance of the line was  dismantled. In 1970 the Texas Central reacquired the forty-two miles between  Stamford and Rotan, but sold this section to the Fort Worth and Denver Railway  Company in 1973. This line has subsequently been abandoned. Since 1994  operations of the Texas Central have been conducted by Cen-Tex Rail Link. During  its early years the Texas Central was commonly called the "Tin Can," although  the company in its pre-Katy days formally adopted nicknames and slogans such as  the "Lone Star Line" or the "Great Daylight Route." In recent years the railroad  has been known as the "Peanut Line."

1896 Railroad Double Locomotive-Boiler United States Patent William B. Warren,    for a Double Locomotive-Boiler

An Important Historical Archive! Came out of an estate Sale / This is from the    family of William B. Warren, Master-Mechanic and inventor: He worked on many  of   the first big railroads of the 19th century and well into the turn of the    century. From a very important collection.

United States Patent No. 557,459 awarded to William B. Warren, for a Double    Locomotive-Boiler. This is a fantastic find. Collection of William B. Warren,    Master-Mechanic, including: With the Original United States Patent No. 557,459    awarded to William B. Warren, for a Double Locomotive-Boiler.

Condition:    Excellent / RARE!

Front room top draw next to desk

Need more information? Need to email the seller? Ask Seller a Question

Seller provided no "Additional Terms of Sale"
UPC
 
GTIN
 
SKU
 
Mfg Part Number
 
Weight